Caramelizing onions brings out their amazing natural flavor. They're terrific on sandwiches and pizzas, over pastas, in soups, on meat, fish, and egg dishes, or adorning appetizer platters.
We can caramelize any type of onion. Some just caramelize more quickly than others. It all depends on their sugar content. Standard yellow onions caramelize just fine--and actually contain more sugars than "sweet" onions, which only seem to taste sweeter because they have fewer sulfur compounds.
At Eurocebollas we have two ways of caramelizing onions.
We cook the onion as normally and add sugar to the onion. This is a cheaper way of doing it than the one above.
The onion will be sweet on the first bite, but you will notice the flavor of the onion on the following bites.
Normally the onion doesn´t become dark as the one with no sugar, but we can make it dark by adding food coloring.
With a bit of time and patience, caramelizing turns a tearjerker in our factory into a sweet temptation. Breaking down and browning the natural sugars in the onion, give it a melt-in-your-mouth texture and rich flavor that adds an extra dimension to everything from burgers to baked potatoes.
What we do is we cook the onion in 4000 kg cattles for 2 hours and in low heat to be able to get the onion caramelized and with a dark color.
Sofrito of onion
Eurocebollas is a family company whose mission is to satisfy the needs of its customers by offering a wide range of products adapted to the different cultures, formats and required specifications, with competitive prices and with the guarantee of the highest standards in quality and food safety.
The Eurocebollas project is largely the result of the work carried out by the Human Capital that we have. That is why we work to enhance the well-being of each and every one of those who make up Eurocebollas, seeking their commitment and excellence in each and every one of the operations carried out where customer satisfaction is the main objective.
The company's people management model works:
• Offer stable jobs. 98% of the contracts are permanent.
• The balance between what you offer your employees with what is expected of them. GIVE / ASK.
• Professional development and talent management of its staff. 95% of the vacancies with greater responsibility are filled by internal personnel.
• Full integration of groups with limited capacities. It has a department focused exclusively on guaranteeing the integration and development of employees with limited capacity.
• Salary Equity: It works every day to guarantee equity among its staff and improve salary conditions.
• Transparency and Communication. We promote transparency and cascade communication, as an essential tool to achieve a committed and motivated workforce.