Eurocebollas double the numbers  of employees 
The company goes from processing 40 to 80 million kilos of onions and reaches 140 workers before even activating two lines more with new products. It will close the year with more than 20 million invoicing.

New factory of the Eurocebollas company located in Alzira.

The construction of the new installations that the Eurocebollas' company occupied a year and a half ago involved an enormous investment effort - the initial estimate of 12 million euros has skyrocketed to about 26 - but it has served to lay the foundations of the Eurocebollas' expansion, an industry based in Alzira that, in just one year, has doubled the employees from 70 to 140 workers in the different divisions of the group; It has also doubled the production capacity since it has gone from the 40 million kilos that it could process in the previous facilities to the 80 million which it will close the year without having reached the full potential of the new factory and has also seen its turnover rebound substantially when reaching 16.5 million euros in 2018 while closing the current year exceeding 20 million euros.

All this without counting the new production lines - a dehydrated tunnel that has been launched this week and one to produce frozen fried onion that is scheduled to go into production at the beginning of the year - that will allow it to continue growing at through new market niches. "Last year we grew 17% and this year we will end up with 30% compared to the previous year, without doing anything new," says Eurocebollas manager Francisco Alberola, who does not hesitate to point out that the expectation is to "continue growing". In fact,  that next year the workforce will increase to 200 workers.

It is a family business specializing in the preparation of ready-to-serve onion (peeled, cut or precooked) that exports its products to more than 40 countries, among which the United States, Australia, Canada, Argentina or Russia, in addition to numerous destinations in Europe. It should be noted that Eurocebollas has just been distinguished by the Fedacova regional food industry federation with the year's internationalization award. "We export 30% of production and growing" says Alberola.

"We are the biggest European producer because what we do nobody does" says Alberola, while noting that there are very powerful companies that freeze onion - peel, chop and freeze - a sector that represents 70% of the market share , although Eurocebollas processed products are framed in the other 30%. By can, bag or aseptic, a type of packaging that allows the product to be maintained for up to a year and a half without the need for cold, the company based in Alzira offers multiple "low-cost" alternatives to companies in the food and hospitality sector , food service operators and retailers around the world through their ready-to-use onions. In response to customer requests, it will expand the range of products with dried onion - Alberola points out that there are no factories in Europe that make this product - and, as of next year, also with frozen fried onion, a subsector different from onion frozen

The new Eurocebollas installations, located in the term of Alzira, although three kilometers from all the surrounding municipalities - Alzira, Guadassuar, l'Alcúdia and Massalavés -, were also the solution to complaints due to the strong smell that came to be perceived , depending on the orientation of the wind, in urban centers such as Alzira. It should be remembered that previously they occupied some ships next to the Renfe train station. Alberola acknowledged that, after the transfer, he has received some complaints from Guadassuar and is preparing to apply a solution. As he explained, after commissioning an olfactometric study from the same company that worked with the waste plant, it is planned to install, among other measures, a 25-meter-high chimney since technicians consider that, at these levels, the airs that are they can be extracted from the plant will not be perceived in any urban nucleus.

Source: Levante newspaper

Link:

© 2019 EUROCEBOLLAS. All rights reserved.

Contact

Partida Cabañes, Ctra. CV-544, Km. 3,2

Apdo. 226 - 46600 Alzira (Valencia) España

​​Tel.    +34 96 245 51 10

info@eurocebollas.es